Monday, August 2, 2010

Silver Stance'd Beast

Rotary powered cars are very controversial. There are people who love rotary motors, there are others who just don't get it. Nate Harris gets it. Nate whips around a Mazda RX-8 around his hometown of Elkin, NC. Perfectly pieced, this RX-8 is sure to turns heads with his brilliant Sun Silver paint, OEM lip kit, and carbon fiber hood and trunk. Fitted with Red Rota Boost's, 18x9 et30 all the way around and a 10mm in the rear to help get that perfect stance, helps ensure this baby will get everyone's attention. To get to its current Stance'd state, Nate tells me he was inspired by a good friend of his.

"I’d have to say my friend Blake (stewie69 on wrongfitmentcrew) is the one person who showed me that if I wanted to get noticed and be known by more than just the local crowd that this was the way to do it. Going for the “flush” look is a lot of work and often a lot of headache, but the end result makes it all worth it to say the least. This is my second feature thus far, with my first coming back in with UrbanFlth, and I know that if I hadn’t taken Blake’s advice I’d still only be known by the guys around town."


"To give this Silver beast that aggressive stance, he opted for Megan Racing Lowering Springs that are modified in the front... for now. "
This Rx-8 definitely has the looks, but Nate wasn't satisfied. He sync'd a K&N Typhoon V1 intake to the rotary motor and also helping it breath even better with a HKS Hi-Flow exhaust. I've seen this car in person and I've heard the tone of it and man oh man, talk about the perfect exhaust tone.

"What is your favorite mod?
My favorite mod thus far would have to be my wheels. When I got them, they were flat black with a red lip. They looked good, but I wanted something different. Now that they’re red, they definitely get a lot more attention. Sometimes, I do get hated on for rocking Advan RG-II knockoffs. But hey, they fit good, they look good, and they weren’t all that expensive. Besides, haters only motivate me to keep doing what I’m doing."
Nate Harris takes alot of pride into his car. His wife is a major support when it comes to modifying his RX-8. I can't wait to see this Silver Beast at the Insane Stance and Offset Round II meet later on this month. Can't wait to see what Nate has in store for us in the future.


"Who’d you like to thank?
I’d like thank my wife, Jennifer, for not only helping me decide on parts and giving her input on what would look the best, but also for showing interest in something that is such a huge hobby of mine. I’d also like to thank the members of (2 ND -2- NO 1) for continuing to rock the club logo and supporting something that means so much to me. And I’d like to thank Blake Minton and the Dirty South Hustle crew for not allowing me to veer away from the stance scene. Thanks for keeping me focused, guys."

Exterior:

-Sunlight Silver Paint
-OEM Front Lip
-OEM Side Skirts
-OEM Rear Lip Kit
-OEM Spoiler
-Seibon TS Carbon Fiber Hood
-VisRacing OEM Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid
-35% Tint
-Rolled Fenders

Engine:
-13B Renesis Rotary Engine
-K&N Typhoon V1 Intake
-HKS Hi-Flow Exhaust (with Titanium Tip)
-Mobil-1 Extended Performance Full-Synthetic Motor Oil

Interior:
-Limited Edition 2-Tone Red & Black Leather Interior
-OEM “Suicide” Opening Rear Doors
-MazdaSpeed Short Shift
-Red & Black Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
-6-Disc CD Changer in Head Unit
-JVC 12-Disc CD Changer in trunk
-Garmin GPS Navigation
-Kicker Comp 12” Sub
-Kicker 550Watt Amp

Suspension:
-MeganRacing Lowering Springs (modified in the front)
-Rota Boost Wheels (18 x 9 et30 front, 18 x 9 et20 rear with the use of 10mm spacers)
-Black Extended Lug Nuts

-Stance'd Lyfe

No comments:

Post a Comment